It’s spring and remodeling is in the air. At Avenue B, we’ve never been busier with some fantastic client projects in neighborhoods like Travis Heights, Pemberton, Bouldin, Hyde Park, and Rosedale. In a lot of these cases, we’re in the process of selecting finishes and fixtures, and there are new products on the market all the time to consider. Consumer Reports sent a team to the annual Design & Construction Week in Las Vegas last month and wrote a brief article outlining 5 of the top new product ideas for remodels in 2016. Have you considered any of these for your project? Their top 5 include:
- Low Maintenance Countertops as more and more homeowners select quartz over marble. We are definitely seeing this trend, even in the most high-end projects.
- High-End Luxury Appliances with even more bells and whistles like wifi operations and kitchen “concierge services”
- Commercial Restaurant features like a smoker cabinet (that sounds like a great idea here in BBQ-crazed Texas)
- Virtual Reality Models during the design and remodeling process so that you can actually feel what your new space will look like
- Clever ways to save water like smart water heaters
Check out the full article here: http://www.consumerreports.org/appliances/5-top-home-remodeling-trends-for-2016/